Early Work in Progress
Originally uploaded by inrepose
Early work in progress on an urban SCA peacekeeper force. Airbrushing is complete and the decals have been added. I used Microsol to seal the decals which makes them very flat and smooth. After the Decals I used a coat of purity seal varnish from GW to seal everything ready for weathering which I have started with Oil paint and thinners.
The first coat of airbrush paint was Tamiya and I suffered as normal with super dry crumbs of paint. This dusty finish is the reason I switched to Vallejo and I was disappointed because it makes weathering difficult with a rough texture on the tanks. I am happy to make do though and will remember to dump the Tamiya before the next job. I am sure they are good airbrush paints but whatever I try with pressure and the alcohol mix I still get a sand blast effect. Back to Model Air again next time and I need some new colours.