Tuesday, November 29

SCA Urban Peacekeeper Force

Early Work in Progress
Originally uploaded by inrepose

Early work in progress on an urban SCA peacekeeper force. Airbrushing is complete and the decals have been added. I used Microsol to seal the decals which makes them very flat and smooth. After the Decals I used a coat of purity seal varnish from GW to seal everything ready for weathering which I have started with Oil paint and thinners.

The first coat of airbrush paint was Tamiya and I suffered as normal with super dry crumbs of paint. This dusty finish is the reason I switched to Vallejo and I was disappointed because it makes weathering difficult with a rough texture on the tanks. I am happy to make do though and will remember to dump the Tamiya before the next job. I am sure they are good airbrush paints but whatever I try with pressure and the alcohol mix I still get a sand blast effect. Back to Model Air again next time and I need some new colours.